This entry-level course is aimed at programmers who are new to Java and who need to learn its concepts, language constructs, and data types. Included in the agenda are topics on exception handling, lambda expressions, and modular programming.
The course is designed for programmers who will apply these language skills to develop programs using the latest major versions of the JDK, currently Java 11. Students practice the skills learned in each lesson through hands-on labs.
BENEFITS TO YOU
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
* Create simple Java classes and use object references to access fields and methods in a class
* Demonstrate polymorphism by implementing a Java interface
* Handle a checked exception in a Java application
* Use a Predicate Lambda expression as the argument to a method
* Define and implement a simple class hierarchy that supports application requirements
* Write Java code that uses variables, arrays, conditional and loop constructs of achieve program objectives
* Identify modular programming principles
* Access and create static fields and methods
* Encapsulate a class using access modifiers and overloaded constructors
* Manipulate numeric, text, and string data using appropriate Java operators
* Set environment variables to allow the Java compiler and runtime executables to function properly