The student begins by gaining a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA - backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with implementation in various ways and situations are covered in detail. Students gain knowledge of the Recovery Manager (RMAN) command-line interface for various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios, including data duplication.
BENEFITS TO YOU
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use flashback technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.