The course provides the students with practical hands-on experience on data mining and machine learning using open source machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn in Python programming language. After completing the course, the students will be able to apply and use various data mining and machine-learning techniques on real-word big/business datasets.
The course provides knowledge of various concepts, techniques and methods related to data mining, machine learning and deep learning approaches. Furthermore, it introduces :
- Basics of Data mining and machine learning
- Strengths and weaknesses of Dimensionality Reduction Algorithms: variance thresholds,Correlation Thresholds, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA)
- Linear models for regression such as maximum likelihood, sequential learning, regularized least squares
- Linear models for classification such as linear classification, logistic regression, support vector machines
- Classification models such as probabilistic generative models, probabilistic discriminative models
- Unsupervised learning: clustering, probabilistic clustering, Expectation-Maximization Algorithm.
- Neural Networks: feed-forward neural networks, network training, backpropagation, convolutional neural networks
- Deep Learning: deep feed-forward networks, regularization for deep learning, optimization for training deep models, application of deep learning